Schools are closed until May 15, 2020.
Remote Learning Plans and Packets
- On Monday, March 30, we will deliver new work packets to all students that are currently receiving meal delivery by the buses or have an established bus stop.
- If your child does not have an established bus stop or is not currently receiving meal delivery by the bus, please come to the school on Monday to pick up their work packet. You can pick up the packet from 8:00-4:00 at the breezeway by the office.
- When you receive the new packet, you may return the completed packet. If your child is doing the online work, we understand that they may not have completed the paper and pencil work. It is fine if you do not have anything to return.
- Updated Remote Learning Plans will be placed online on Monday as well.
- We understand that this is a difficult time and do not have expectations for what students can or cannot get completed. We simply want to offer them learning opportunities while we are out of school. Please do not stress yourself or your children over what we are sending out. These are just options! My hope is that you can enjoy some extra down time as a family and we will get the students back on track when they return to us!
- Report cards will be mailed out on Friday, April 3, 2020. Grades for the 3rd quarter ended on March 13, 2020.
- Please make sure you are connected to your child’s teacher on Class DoJo. This is our best way of communicating with everyone during this time. Please contact your child’s teacher if you are not connected.
Teacher Working Hours
- Teacher working hours during this time on Monday-Friday from 8:00-3:30.
- Spring Break will still be held Friday, April 10 through Friday, April 17. During this time there will be no assignments for students and no meal delivery. Meal delivery will resume on Monday, April 20.
Thank you for being our partners in learning! As always, thank you for your support of Southwood Elementary. Thank you for helping us meet our mission of Helping Kids Succeed: No Exceptions, No Excuses.