Welcome to Student Services
A School Counselor is a part of the educational team that supports students in the areas of academic achievement, career and social/emotional development. We work with students, staff, parents, and the community to ensure that all students are prepared to become future productive citizens. If you would like more detailed information on what a School Counselor is or does you can click on the link below.
What is an Elementary School Counselor's Role?
A school counselor is a special person at your child's school for whom your child can talk when something is wrong. Children usually talk to a counselor if they are sad, mad, scared, frustrated, etc. Some of the things a child can talk to a counselor about are:
- If parents are fighting, separating or getting a divorce
- If someone they care about moves away or dies (this includes pets)
- If the child is upset or fighting with someone else
- If they are having bad dreams
- If they are having friend issues
The Counselors at Southwood Elementary are Lillian Coppley (K-3rd) and Robin Connolly (4th and 5th). If you need to contact either of us, please call (336-357-2777) or e-mail: [email protected] or [email protected]