Title 1 Family Engagement Policy
The Title I Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), a federal program, provides additional money to qualifying schools. The Davidson County School System upholds the philosophy of parent engagement with no- fault, consensus, and collaboration as its guiding principles. It also encourages and provides training opportunities for the parent or interested adult to be a team player in the education of children.
The Davidson County Board of Education will ensure that all Title I stakeholders are provided the opportunity to sign a compact to help students succeed. The Student-Teacher-Parent Compact identifies contributions each can make to ensure that every student meets State student performance standards.
The goal of the Davidson County Schools Title I Program is to reach all families in a team-building effort in order to comply with all State and Federal requirements of the Title I Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015.
Southwood Elementary Title I School will:
* convene an annual public meeting and Road to Success session
* offer parent and family nights, as well as parent-teacher conferences
* involve parent representatives on the School Improvement Team and District Parental Advisory Council
* communicate through newsletters, websites, progress reports and report cards
* sign and commit to a Student-Teacher-Parent Compact
* welcome parent volunteers in the school
* communicate in a language parents can understand, including parents with disabilities and limited English